As a doctor, learning is a crucial aspect to my daily work, and I try to read as much as possible.
Below is a list of links and other articles that I would recommend checking out. This is a list that is constantly evolving and being updated. Happy reading!
Vitamin D and cancer Raises some thoughts about the importance of vitamin D in relation to cancer
Sleep and the Circadian Rhythm. Important insight into the importance of good sleep and energy.
Lemon water in the morning. A good list of reasons why it is good to start the day with lemon water.
Fasting and Stem Cells. Research has shown that you can boost the life enhancing stem cells by fasting.
Empathy is Though to Teach, Dr. Brené Brown talks about the importance of empathy.
https://www.vof.no/magesyre-mye-eller-lite/? A good Norwegian article, speaking about stomach acid
HOMEPAGES WORTH CHECKING OUT
Human, a compelling movie where we are confronted with humans all over the world, and their various destinies.
Jim Carey explains life and what drives our motivations
For physical wellbeing:
- Andrew Weil: Healthy Aging
- Paul Pichford: Healing With Whole Foods
- Giula Enders: Gut: The inside story of our body’s most under-rated organ
- Dr David Perlmutter: Brain Maker
- Institute for Functional Medicine (IFM): Textbook for Functional Medicine
- Adonis Malquez: Modern Medicine for Modern Times: The Functional Medicine Handbook to prevent and treat diseases at their root cause
- Alessio Fasano: Gluten Freedom
- Datis Kharrazian: Why do I still have thyroid symptoms, when my lab tests are normal
- Thomas Campbell: The China Study
- Timothy Ferris: The 4 hour Body
- Michael Pollan: In Defense of Food
- Arianna Huffington: The Sleep Revolution
- John J. Ratley, MD: Spark, The revolutionary science of exercise and the brain
- Daniel P. Reid: The Tao of Health, Sex, and Longevity: A Modern Practical Guide to the Ancient Way
For Mental wellbeing
- Dalai Lama: The Art of Happiness
- Deepak Chopra: Quantum Healing
- Daniel Kahneman: Thinking Fast and Slow
- Don Miguel Ruiz: The Four Agreements
- Dale Bredesen: The End of Alzheimers
- Mathieu Richard: Happiness, A guide to developing lifes most important skill
- William Sieghart: The Poetry Pharmacy
Other interesting books on evolution, and us in the bigger picture:
- Yuval Noah Harari: Sapiens and Homo Deus
- Robert M. Salposky: Behave: The Biology of Humans at our best and worst
- Bruce Lipton: Biology of Belief
- Neale Donald Walsh: Conversations with God
- Joel Primack: The view from the center of the universe
- Lao Tsu: Tao Teh Ching